A Letter from Mary Washington Pediatrics
Dear Parents, Guardians and Patients,
Mary Washington Pediatrics we would like to reach out to you during this uncertain and challenging
time. Our providers, staff, and organization are actively taking extra
safety precautions to continue to provide a safe environment for you and
your loved ones to receive medical care. We would like to provide you
with information on these new safety measures.
The following changes have been implemented to continue to serve our patients
with the highest quality of care and safety:
- Instead of waiting in a waiting room, we are calling patients and then
taking them directly to the patient exam room.
- We have extended the time between patient appointments to allow for increased
- Our staff wear masks throughout the office, and a mask is provided to parents
and children if they do not have one upon arrival.
- Children who need well visits are seen first in the doctors' schedules
and children who need to be seen for sick visits are scheduled later in the day.
- Our office is also now offering telemedicine. Depending on the patient’s
need(s), we can conduct specific office visits virtually with audio and
- For patients with symptoms concerning for COVID-19, we conduct the patient
visit at “curbside.” The doctor meets the patient at the vehicle
in full personal protective equipment (PPE). The doctor conducts the visit
at the vehicle, as well as any tests that may be needed.
Mary Washington Pediatrics is dedicated to the safety of our patients and families. We will continue
to provide the utmost care throughout these unprecedented times. We welcome
you and your children to our office, knowing we are working diligently
to maintain safety. Please do not hesitate to schedule your son or daughter
for his or her well check or sick visit. Our office remains open and ready
to assist you and your family. Thank you for your continued trust and
confidence in taking care of those most precious to you.
Mary Washington Pediatrics