Mary Washington Neurology
With the rise of COVID-19 cases in our region, Mary Washington Medical
Group offices are limiting waiting room access for your health and safety.
If you or your child has an appointment, please call the office from your
car before entering the building. Only one support person or parent may
accompany the patient inside. Please note that patients and visitors are
required by law to wear masks in all healthcare facilities, regardless
of vaccination status.
1101 Sam Perry Blvd., Suite 414
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401
Monday–Thursday: 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
220 Executive Center Pkwy
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401
Monday–Thursday: 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
Please see additional appointment information at the bottom of this page.
Mary Washington Neurology is a comprehensive and multi-specialty neurology
practice, based in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Our highly trained neurologists
provide the communities in central Virginia and greater Washington metropolitan
area with academic level neurological care. We practice evidence-based
medicine in the treatment and advances of neurological diseases and engage
in clinical research. More importantly, we believe in an individualized,
compassionate and personable approach to our patient care.
In addition to our outpatient practice, we are part of the physician group
that evaluates and treats admitted patients at Mary Washington Hospital.
We cover the hospital 24/7. We are all board certified neurologists who
are either fellowship trained or have advanced specialty training. We
work closely with other disciplines and experts that include neurosurgery,
neuroradiology, physiatry (rehabilitation), neuropsychology and social
workers. Although we are primarily adult neurologists, we are experienced
in the evaluation and treatment of patients who are 18 years and older.
We welcome new patients to our outpatient clinic.
Care is available for patients 18 years and older. Our specialists treat
a full range of neurological disorders including:
- Cerebrovascular disease (stroke)
- Epilepsy (Seizures)
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Stroke or TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack)
- Sports concussions
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Headaches, migraines (cluster, tension and other headaches)
- Movement disorders (Parkinson’s disease, Huntington's disease,
Dystonia, Torticollis, tremors)
- Neuromuscular disorders (Myasthenia Gravis, ALS, Muscular Dystrophy, Peripheral
Neuropathy, Radiculopathy, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)
- Cognitive and memory disease (Alzheimer’s disease, dementia)
- Pseudotumor Cerebri
- Vertigo, dizziness
Procedures and Diagnostics
Our state-of-the-art diagnostic capabilities bring together a multidisciplinary
and coordinated team offering a comprehensive range of skills in adult
and pediatric neurodiagnostics including:
- EEG (electroencephalogram, outpatient ambulatory EEG, inpatient video epilepsy
- EMG / NCS (electromyogram/nerve conduction study)
- EMU (Epilepsy Monitoring Unit)
- Evoked Potentials (VEP and BAER)
- Lumbar Puncture
- Botox for cervical dystonia, spasticity, blepharospasm and migraine headaches
- Occipital nerve blocks for the treatment of headaches
- Nerve, muscle and skin epidermal nerve fiber density biopsies
- Vagal Nerve Stimulator (VNS) programming for epilepsy
If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please call us within
24 hours so that we may accommodate another patient. Please plan to arrive
about 30 minutes earlier to allow time for parking and be sure to have
the following items readily available on the day of your appointment:
All new patients: Please bring the following information and documents:
- Insurance Card and valid photo ID.
- If your insurance is an HMO or requires pre-authorization please obtain
insurance authorization through your primary care physician. Our FAX number
- Co-pay, if applicable, is due prior to each visit. We accept cash, check,
Visa, MC, American Express and Discover.
- All completed paperwork and forms.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment or need to reschedule, please
call the office.
- There is a $40 charge for missed appointments.
To make an appointment:
Referral from a doctor’s office: The physician’s office needs
to fax the Physician Referral form or download our Neurology Consultation
Form from our website and fax either the form to our office at 540.899.1359.
Once the form has been faxed, our office will contact the patient and
schedule the appointment. In addition, the patient can contact our office
540.899.1354 to confirm the appointment date.
Self Referral: Please call our office directly to schedule an appointment
- What to bring to your appointment A. Referral if a physician referred you.
B. Insurance card C. Relevant medical records D. List of medications (prescription
or over-the-counter). Include dose and frequency.
We look forward to seeing you. Please call at
540.899.1354 if you have any questions. If you have an urgent problem, please call
our office for an appointment or for authorization to proceed to the emergency room.
Reviews - Sam Perry Blvd location
Reviews - Executive Center Pkwy location