Our Birthing Centers
The Family Birth Place at Mary Washington and Stafford Hospitals provides
a cozy haven, private rooms with updated flooring, modern decor, spa-like
bathrooms and a spacious layout.
In this soothing environment, you'll be pampered by our caring, knowledgeable
team of highly experienced physicians, nurses, and support staff.
Designed to be spacious, inviting and peaceful, our amenities include:
- Refreshed décor with modern architectural themes
- Vanities and closets
- Warm hardwood flooring in patient rooms and walkways
- Flat-screen televisions
- Modern lighting and fixtures
- Rockers and sleeper sofas for family overnight stays
- Updated bathroom décor and fixtures
- Sliding bathroom doors with full-length mirrors
- Family eating area with microwave and vending
Experience the joy of birth in a modern, luxurious setting.
Sign up for a tour of The Family Birth Place at our hospitals.
Mary Washington Hospital (adults only)
Stafford Hospital (adults only)
Stafford Hospital (child friendly)
Note: Please sign up for tours at least 3 months in advance as these spaces
As part of our women’s health services, we offer state-of-the-art
birthing suites at both Mary Washington Hospital and Stafford Hospital.
These secure areas provide a special, warm environment for families to
celebrate the birth of the newest family member while surrounded by the
latest technology. Our commitment to family-centered care includes special
programs and visiting hours for siblings, grandparents and other family members.
On-Site Physician Coverage
Around the clock coverage is available to new moms and babies by our in-house
staff of physicians that include:
- Neonatal providers – neonatologists and nurse practitioners specializing
in the care of the newborn
- Anesthesia providers – anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists for
pain management during labor and delivery
In our birthing centers you’ll experience:
- Private, state-of-the-art rooms in a serene, secured environment
- The latest, most advanced technologies to include fetal monitoring systems,
pain management delivery and newborn stabilization equipment
- Dedicated cesarean rooms within the unit
- Experienced nurses specially trained in all methods of childbirth
- Education for the new parents regarding their newborns during post-delivery care
- Certified Lactation Consultants
Download a map of the Mary Washington Hospital Labor/Delivery, Mother/Baby
and NICU areas.