Our Birthing Centers
The Mary Washington Hospital Women’s & Children’s Care
Center provides a cozy haven, with private hotel-like rooms with updated
flooring, modern decor, spa-like bathrooms and a spacious layout.
MWH Mother/Baby (Postpartum) Care
In a soothing, hotel-like environment, you'll be pampered by our caring,
knowledgeable team of highly experienced physicians, nurses, and support staff.
Designed to be spacious, inviting and peaceful, our amenities include:
- Refreshed décor with modern architectural themes
- Vanities and closets
- Warm hardwood flooring in patient rooms and walkways
- Flat-screen televisions
- Modern lighting and fixtures
- Rockers and sleeper sofas for family overnight stays
- Updated bathroom décor and fixtures
- Sliding bathroom doors with full-length mirrors
- Family eating area with microwave and vending
Experience the joy of birth in a modern, luxurious setting. Call 540.741.1404
to schedule your tour of Mary Washington Hospital's birthing center.
Note: Please sign up for tours at least 3 months in advance as these spaces
As part of our women’s health services, we offer a state-of-the-art
birthing suites at both Mary Washington Hospital and Stafford Hospital.
These secure areas provide a special, warm environment for families to
celebrate the birth of the newest family member while surrounded by the
latest technology. Our commitment to family-centered care includes special
programs and visiting hours for siblings, grandparents and other family members.
On-Site Physician Coverage
Around the clock coverage is available to new moms and babies by our in-house
staff of physicians that include:
- Neonatal providers – neonatologists and nurse practitioners that
specialize in the care of the newborn
- Anesthesia providers – anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists for
pain management during labor and delivery
In our birthing centers you’ll experience:
- Private, state-of-the-art rooms in a serene, secured environment
- The latest, most advanced technologies to include fetal monitoring systems,
pain management delivery and newborn stabilization equipment
- Dedicated cesarean rooms within the unit
- Experienced nurses specially trained in all methods of childbirth
- Education for the new parents regarding their newborns during post-delivery care
- Certified Lactation Consultants