Our Birthing Centers
The Mary Washington Hospital Women’s & Children’s Care
Center has recently undergone a huge transformation to enhance the look
and feel our birthing center areas.
Our beautiful Mother/Baby (postpartum) area has also recently gone through
the transformation (see below). Now completed, these areas provide a cozy
haven, with private hotel-like rooms with updated flooring, modern decor,
spa-like bathrooms and a more spacious layout.
MWH Mother/Baby (Postpartum) Care
In a soothing, hotel-like environment, you'll be pampered by our caring,
knowledgeable team of highly experienced physicians, nurses, and support staff.
View Our Photos
Designed to be spacious, inviting and peaceful, our new amenities include:
- Refreshed décor with modern architectural themes
- New vanities and closets
- Warm hardwood flooring in patient rooms and walkways
- Flat-screen televisions
- Modern lighting and fixtures
- New rockers and sleeper sofas for family overnight stays
- Updated bathroom décor and fixtures
- Sliding bathroom doors with full-length mirrors
- Family eating area with microwave and vending
Experience the joy of birth in a modern, luxurious setting. Call 540.741.1404
to schedule your tour of Mary Washington Hospital's birthing center.
As part of our women’s health services, we offer a state-of-the-art
birthing suites at both Mary Washington Hospital and Stafford Hospital.
These secure areas provide a special, warm environment for families to
celebrate the birth of the newest family member while surrounded by the
latest technology. Our commitment to family-centered care includes special
programs and visiting hours for siblings, grandparents and other family members.
On-Site Physician Coverage
Around the clock coverage is available to new moms and babies by our in-house
staff of physicians that include:
- Neonatal providers – neonatologists and nurse practitioners that
specialize in the care of the newborn
- Anesthesia providers – anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists for
pain management during labor and delivery
In our birthing centers you’ll experience:
- Private, state-of-the-art rooms in a serene, secured environment
- The latest, most advanced technologies to include fetal monitoring systems,
pain management delivery and newborn stabilization equipment
- Dedicated cesarean rooms within the unit
- Experienced nurses specially trained in all methods of childbirth
- Education for the new parents regarding their newborns during post-delivery care
- Certified Lactation Consultants