Volunteer at Mary Washington Healthcare
Volunteer at the vaccine clinic! Information below.
Make a Difference in the Lives of Our Patients and Their Families
Volunteers at Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC) make a difference in the
lives of our patients and their families every day. Our volunteers are
a diverse, compassionate group of individuals who generously give thousands
of hours each year with a common goal of supporting the health system
in its mission to improve the health of the people in the communities
we serve. Volunteers may choose to serve at Mary Washington Hospital,
Stafford Hospital, or both!
What Do Volunteers Do?
- Provide compassion and comfort to patients and their families
- Escort patients and visitors to their destinations
- Support staff with non-clinical tasks on nursing units
- Assist staff with general office duties
- Act as a resource to patients, families, guests, and staff
What Are the Rewards for Volunteering at Mary Washington Healthcare?
- The satisfaction of doing something for others
- The opportunity to share your skills and learn new ones
- Making a difference by serving our community
- The enjoyment of making new friends and having fun!
What are the Requirements to Volunteer?
- Be 18 years or older (see Junior Volunteer below for ages 14-17)
- Commit to a minimum of one shift per week for at least six months of continuous service
- Be in good general physical and mental health
- Have no criminal record
- Complete the appropriate volunteer application (links below)
- Interview with a member of the Volunteer Services staff
- Attend a group orientation session
MWHC’s service-based volunteer program helps meet the needs of patients,
patient families, and staff. It is not a job-training program, an internship,
nor does it provide medical shadowing. We do not accept court-ordered
Mary Washington Hospital Volunteer Services Office -
Stafford Hospital Volunteer Services Office -
Vaccine Clinic Volunteers
(Not for MWHC Associates)
MWHC is hosting COVID-19 vaccination clinics daily and we need volunteers.
All clinics are held at the John F. Fick, III Conference Center, 1301
Sam Perry Blvd, Fredericksburg, VA. The Fick Center is located on the
campus of Mary Washington Hospital behind the Lloyd Moss Free Clinic.
The clinic is normally open Monday–Saturday, 6:30 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the community volunteer
application and you will receive additional information about the on-boarding process.
Thank you for you willingness to share your time for the community!
For more information or questions, please contact the Volunteer Services
Office by email at
CLICK HERE to complete the MWHC community vaccine clinic volunteer application