Volunteer at Mary Washington Healthcare
Thank you to our over 200 community members who volunteered during the
past five months as we worked hard to vaccinate our community. We are
no longer accepting applications for community volunteers at the vaccine
clinic, but if you are interested in volunteering at Mary Washington Hospital
or Stafford Hospital, please apply online for the MWHC Adult Volunteer
Program. (Scroll down for more information).
Make a Difference in the Lives of Our Patients and Their Families
Volunteers at Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC) make a difference in the
lives of our patients and their families every day. Our volunteers are
a diverse, compassionate group of individuals who generously give thousands
of hours each year with a common goal of supporting the health system
in its mission to improve the health of the people in the communities
we serve. Volunteers may choose to serve at Mary Washington Hospital,
Stafford Hospital, or both!
What do volunteers do?
- Provide compassion and comfort to patients and their families
- Escort patients and visitors to their destinations
- Support staff with non-clinical tasks on nursing units
- Assist staff with general office duties
- Act as a resource to patients, families, guests, and staff
What are the rewards for volunteering at Mary Washington Healthcare?
- The satisfaction of doing something for others
- The opportunity to share your skills and learn new ones
- Making a difference by serving our community
- The enjoyment of making new friends and having fun!
What are the requirements to volunteer?
- Be 18 years or older (see Junior Volunteer below for ages 14-17)
- Commit to a minimum of one shift per week for at least six months of continuous service
- Be in good general physical and mental health
- Have no criminal record
- Complete the appropriate volunteer application (links below)
- Interview with a member of the Volunteer Services staff
- Attend a group orientation session
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and influenza
MWHC’s service-based volunteer program helps meet the needs of patients,
patient families, and staff. It is not a job-training program, an internship,
nor does it provide medical shadowing. We do not accept court-ordered
Mary Washington Hospital Volunteer Services Office -
Stafford Hospital Volunteer Services Office -