Mary Washington Hospice Services
Affirming Life Through Compassionate Care
Hospice is a very special kind of care and support service for anyone dealing
with a life-limiting illness. We have learned that the earlier hospice
care begins, the more meaningful and beneficial the support is for patients,
caregivers and loved ones. Mary Washington Hospice helps people live comfortably
and with dignity. This allows the patient and family to have more meaningful
days. We manage patients' pain and symptoms so they can more easily
make decisions. We assist families in working through end-of-life logistics
while grieving the illness and loss of a loved one. Preparations for the
future are made with the patient so that their final days can be spent
in peace with family and loved ones.
Mary Washington includes specific Medical Hospice Services:
- Nursing services available on call 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
- Effective pain management, 98 percent of patients reaching acceptable pain
levels within 48 hours of admission.
- Dedicated teams of compassionate professionals trained in end-of-life care.
- Complementary alternative therapy services such as art, massage and music
- Coordinated transitions from hospital care to at-home care.
- Hospice care for patients requiring temporary hospital stays at Mary Washington
or Stafford Hospital.
- Professional relationships with area nursing homes and assisted living
- Arrangements for hospice related medications, medical equipment and supplies.
- Accreditation by The Joint Commission and Magnet designation.
- Both Medicare and Medicaid certifications.
Mary Washington Hospice Services for patients and family members include:
- End-of-life planning
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Community resource information
- A well-established volunteer program
- Family grief and bereavement support groups and classes
Ongoing Bereavement Support includes:
We provide13 months of comprehensive bereavement services following the
death of your loved one, including:
- Phone assistance
- Short term counseling services
- Bereavement Newsletter - quarterly
- Information on coping with grief
- Community resource referrals
We realize some people prefer to grieve privately and others find that
having someone to talk with about the loss helps. Our bereavement team
will maintain contact with your family in a respectful manner.
As part of Mary Washington Healthcare, the region’s largest healthcare
provider, we accept qualifying patients regardless of their ability to pay.
Mary Washington Healthcare Hospice Services
2300 Fall Hill Ave, Suite 401
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
540.741.3580 (answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.)
Office hours: Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Free visitor parking is located in the front of the building.