Visitation During COVID-19 at
These visitation policies apply to all Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC)
facilities, including Mary Washington Hospital, Stafford Hospital, and
Lee's Hill Emergency Deparment.
At MWHC, we believe that the support from loved ones is important to our
patients’ healing. As we continue to carefully open services, we
are also carefully and thoughtfully loosening our visitor restrictions.
One visitor is permitted per non-COVID inpatient, ED patient, and outpatient
procedure patient. Exceptions are outlined below.
No visitation is allowed for a patient being testing or suspected for COVID-19
or has a positive COVID-19 test result.
Please see below to learn more about visitation guidelines.
Arriving at the Hospital
All visitors are required to comply with our safety checkpoint procedures.
If you cannot comply with the following safety measures, you cannot have
an in-person visit in the hospital.
- You will be asked screening questions.
- You will have your temperature taken.
- You will be given a visitor badge.
- Limit the items you bring from home.
During Your Stay
- You must wear a mask fully covering your nose and mouth.
- Practice social distancing.
- Practice good handwashing.