Visitation During COVID-19 at MWHC Facilities
The following visitation guidelines apply to all Mary Washington Healthcare
(MWHC) facilities during
RED visitation status.
Visitation is restricted.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Our focus is always on the health and
safety of our patients, associates and community.
For alternative meeting options, Mary Washington Healthcare uses Jitsi Meet.
Jitsi Meet Patient and Family Instructions
Jitsi Meet en español
Download a PDF summary version of RED visitation status at Mary Washington
*Visitation Details and Exceptions
Use the dropdown menus below to see specific details and exceptions for
each of the following visitation categories.
Arriving at an MWHC Facility
All visitors are required to comply with our safety checkpoint procedures.
If you are a household member of a COVID-19 positive patient or suspected
positive patient, you are not eligible for visitation. If you cannot comply
with the following safety measures, you cannot have an in-person visit
in the facility.
- You will be asked screening questions.
- You will have your temperature taken with an infrared thermometer.
- You will be given a visitor badge to wear while in the building.
- You will limit the items you bring from home.
During Your Stay
All visitors are required to comply with our safety standards during their
entire stay in our facility. If you cannot comply with the following safety
standards, you cannot have an in-person visit in the facility.
- You must wear a mask fully covering your nose and mouth.
- You must always practice social distancing.
- You must practice good handwashing.
- You must follow the directions of the staff and adhere to all visitor policy rules.