Emergency & Outpatient Center - Lee's Hill
10401 Spotsylvania Ave., Suite 103
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22408
Care is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
For Emergencies, Call 911
Services located in the Emergency & Outpatient Center
- Full Service Emergency Department
- Mary Washington Hospital Outreach Lab
- Medical Imaging at Lee's HIll
- Rappahannock Wound Healing Center
Emergency & Outpatient Center at Lee's Hill
This full-service emergency department is open 7 days a week, 24 hours
a day, and is staffed with board-certified emergency physicians and emergency-trained
nurses. The ED is capable of handling all emergencies, with comprehensive
imaging and lab on-site.
- Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including holidays
- A full-service emergency department, not an urgent care center
- Capable of treating all emergencies as well as common illnesses and injuries
- Includes an ambulance bay so patients can be brought in by rescue squads
- Backed by the full range of acute care services at Mary Washington Hospital
- Includes 24-hour, on-site imaging and lab services
- Patients who need inpatient care will be transferred to Mary Washington
Hospital at no charge
- Patient treatment becomes part of the medical record available at all Mary
Washington Healthcare facilities, including Mary Washington Hospital and
We are an official “safe haven” for newborns
Mary Washington Emergency and Outpatient Center at Lee’s Hill is
an official Safe Haven site, where any parent has the option to relinquish
the care of a child they choose not to keep.
SANE - Sexual Assualt Nurse Examiner
If you are a victim of a crime, our first priority at Mary Washington Healthcare
is making sure you receive the immediate healthcare services and emotional
support you need. You may also receive services from a separate team of
specially-trained forensic nurse examiners (FNE) to ensure important evidence
is collected. The use of forensic nurse examiners provides high quality
medical and forensic documentation and evidence collection which may lead
to a more positive criminal justice outcome.
Our forensic nurse examiners have specialized training and certifications.
The SANE designation indicates Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner. They are
prepared to work with all types of victims including:
- Sexual assaults (pediatric, adolescent, and adult)
- Domestic violence/abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Elder neglect/abuse
- Child neglect/abuse
- Physical assault
- Traumatic injuries (gun shot wound, stabbings, etc.)
- Exploitation/human trafficking
Our forensic nurses provide services at Mary Washington Hospital, Stafford
Hospital, the Emergency and Outpatient Center at Lee’s Hill, and
Safe Harbor Child Advocacy Center. To support you, our forensic nurse
examiners are active participants with multiple local counties and jurisdictions
as part of their multidisciplinary teams. They often collaborate with
military and government agencies as well. In addition to collecting evidence
that may be used as part of a criminal investigation, the FNE may be called
upon to deliver expert testimony during criminal trials.
Learn more about forensic nursing at Mary Washington Healthcare.