Cancer Nurse Navigators
Taking Patients to the Right Place at the Right Time
A diagnosis of cancer is the start of a unique journey, one that can often
be challenging. To guide and support patients and their families, the
Regional Cancer Center offers a special Cancer Nurse Navigator Program.
Cancer Nurse Navigators are dedicated registered nurses specially trained
and experienced in cancer care. They provide information, guidance, and
personalized supportevery step along the cancer journey from diagnosis
to treatment to survivorship. As the cancer patient's advocate, Nurse
Navigators also identify any barriers to care and help locate the resources
to overcome them.
This is a free, confidential servie and does not requite a physician's referral.
Our Cancer Nurse Navigators are here to help with the following:
- Expedited scheduling and coordinating of diagnostic test and physician
- Coordination on your plan of care between your primary care and oncology
- Emotional support, including one-on-one time, and recommendations for counseling services
- Explaining your diagnosis and treatment, every step of the way
- Access to clinical trials
- Answering questions and providing educational materials on cancer and specific
types of cancer
- Recommendations on resources for nutrition, rehabilitation, transportation,
support groups, financial assistance, and spiritual and emotional guidance
- Making important connections with community support services and resources
- Survivorship support
For more information or to schedule an appointment please call 540.741.1211.