Would You Like to Learn More About Volunteering With Mary Washington Healthcare?
Volunteers at Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC) make a difference in the lives of our patients and their families every day. Our volunteers are a diverse, compassionate group of individuals who generously give thousands of hours each year with a common goal of supporting the health system in its mission to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve. Volunteers may choose to serve at Mary Washington Hospital, Stafford Hospital, or both!
What Do Volunteers Do?
- Provide compassion and comfort to patients and their families
- Escort patients and visitors to their destinations
- Support staff with non-clinical tasks on nursing units
- Assist staff with general office duties
- Act as a resource to patients, families, guests, and staff.
What Are the Rewards for Volunteering at Mary Washington Healthcare?
|Colleen and Bert, Stroke Connect Volunteers in action.|
- The satisfaction of doing something for others
- The opportunity to share your skills and learn new ones
- Making a difference by serving our community
- The enjoyment of making new friends and having fun!
What are the Requirements to Volunteer?
- Be 18 years or older
- Commit to a minimum of one shift per week for at least six months of continuous service
- Be in good general physical and mental health
- Have no criminal record
- Complete the appropriate volunteer application (links below)
- Interview with a member of the Volunteer Services staff
- Attend a group orientation session
MWHC’s service-based volunteer program helps meet the needs of patients, patient families and staff. It is not a job-training program, an internship, nor does it provide medical shadowing. We do not accept court-ordered placements.
Click on the appropriate link below to learn more and to complete an application.
Please note: We are no longer accepting applications for the 2015 Junior Volunteer Program for Mary Washington and Stafford Hospitals. Please check this website for information on the 2016 Junior Program in January 2016.
We invite you to join us as a volunteer at Mary Washington Healthcare.
For more information, please contact us:
Mary Washington Hospital Volunteer Services Office - (540)741-1440
Stafford Hospital Volunteer Services Office - (540) 741-9660