We perform imaging studies and therapeutic procedures on an outpatient basis for children and adults, including:
- CT (computerized tomography) scans
- General diagnostic
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) *Learn more about our new, more comfortable MRI
- Nuclear medicine
- Interventional radiology
- Screening Mammography, Bone density testing (DEXA), Needle localization (now open in the Stafford Medical Pavilion)
For information on imaging for women, visit our Women’s Health page.
Scheduling your procedure
All appointments will be scheduled Monday – Friday. To schedule the following procedures at any of our locations, patients and physicians should call MWHC Centralized Scheduling at 540.741.2000. At the time you schedule your procedure, we will provide you with any instructions regarding preparation.
- MRI: Appointments are required (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) and now also Saturdays, from
9 a.m. – 3:30pm. at Stafford Hospital (for non contrast exams only)
- CT Scan: Appointments are required (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Ultrasound: Appointments are required (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Nuclear Medicine: Appointments are required (8 a.m.– 4 p.m.)
- Diagnostic X-Ray: No appointment is necessary (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
To schedule an Interventional Radiology procedure at Stafford Hospital please call the Radiology Reception at 540.741.9150.
To schedule a PET (positron emission tomography), at Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg, please call 540.741.7025.
Links to other Mary Washington Healthcare Imaging Services:
- Mary Washington Hospital Imaging Services
- Stafford Hospital Imaging at Woodbridge
- Imaging Center for Women
- Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg
- Medical Imaging at Lee's Hill
- Medical Imaging of North Stafford