First Thursdays, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
Mary Washington Hospice
5012 Southpoint Parkway, Fredericksburg, VA 22407
A monthly educational meeting for adults experiencing the death of a loved one, providing information on ways to cope with grief and the opportunity to have conversations facilitated by a grief counselor.
Saturday, September 27 - 8:00 a.m.
Prince William Forest Park
18100 Park Headquarters Road
These educational seminars are available at no cost to caregivers, facilities and community groups.
- How Can I Help?-What to do When Someone You Know Suffers a Loss
- Continuing the Bond After the Death of a Loved One
- You Work at Hospice?! How do you do That?!
- Myths of Hospice/ Myths of Grief
- Caring for the Caregiver
- How Will I Get through The Holidays/Anniversaries/ Special Days?
To schedule one of these programs for your church or community group, call Mary Washington Hospice at 540.741.1667.
Grief Support Groups
A grief support group can offer those who are coping with the loss of a loved one:
- Mutual support, with the comfort of knowing you are not alone.
- An understanding of ones’ feelings, thoughts and experiences in a confidential setting.
Death of a Partner or Spouse
Fridays 11:00 am to Noon, Wednesdays 6:00 to 7:00 pm
Death of a Parent
First Thursdays, 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Death of a Child
Second Thursdays, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Death of a Loved One
Thursdays, 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Finding Words for Grief:
Fridays 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Writing support group for adults grieving the death of a loved one
(No writing skills or experience required.)
3rd Thursday 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Children and Teens Coping with Grief
Wednesdays 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.