Enhancing wellness and healing through a unique philosophy of care that focuses on the whole person - mind, body, and spirit.
Integrative medicine combines standard cancer treatments and complementary therapies to enhance wellness and quality of life during or after treatment. Integrative therapy can help alleviate a wide range of physical side effects, such as pain and fatigue, and offer support for the mind and spirit.
Integrative services include consultations with our affiliated integrative health providers who specialize in:
- Detoxification and Lymphatic Assistance
- Immune System Enhancement (Nutrition)
- Mind-Body and Stress Relief (Biofeedback, Healing Touch, Reiki)
- Musculoskeletal Pain Relief (Acupuncture, Chiropractic Care, Massage)
- Wellness (Lifestyle and Fitness Coaching)
Free On-Site Therapies
For our patients' convenience, several integrative therapies are offered on-site at the Regional Cancer Center at no cost. Patients may participate while receiving infusion services or by making an appointment during available hours.
Healing Touch - An energy therapy that uses gentle hand techniques to change a person's energy flow and accelerate healing of the body, mind and spirit. Healing touch can help lessen the side effects from treatment, relieve stress, hasten recovery after surgery, and improve a patient's overall quality of life.
- Thursdays, 9 - 10 a.m. Call 540.741.4191 to schedule.
Music Therapy - Experience interactive music making, music assisted relaxation, singing, songwriting, and movement to music as a way to decrease stress, boost your immune system, and promote an overall sense of well being. No musical experience necessary. Facilitated by a board-certified music therapist.
-Thursdays, 10 - 11 a.m.
- Individual Sessions: Thursday, 11 - Noon (Call for appointments, 540.741.4191)
Reiki - An ancient Japanese form of energy healing in which hands are placed just off the body or lightly touching the b
ody to transmit energy to the patient and activate the natural healing processes of the body. Reiki promotes deep relaxation, emotional well-being, and reduction in pain and other symptoms. Please call for an appointment (540.741.4191)
- Tuesdays, 8:30a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Individual Sessions: Mondays, 9:00 - 1:00 p.m. ; Tuesdays, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Life Coaching - Patients and family may learn ways to cope with fear, anxiety, and stress so they may gain empowerment and life balance during a difficult illness. Call 540.741.4191 for an appointment.
- Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Massage Therapy - Let massage reduce stress, promote relaxation, and foster a sense of well-being to speed healing. Call 540.741.4191 for an appointment.
- Fridays, 9:00 a.m. - Noon
Spiritual Care - Patients and survivors may use conversation to seek assurance that they are not alone, comfort, and guidance on their journey through illness and healing. Call 540.741.4191 for an appointment.
- Fridays, 11:00 a.m. - Noon
*Times/days are subject to change
Our Integrative Medicine Program encompasses the best of conventional medicine and complementary therapies. Patients are offered:
- Professional guidance in the selection of an Integrative Medicine therapy
- Multiple options for treatment and support as part of the plan of care
- Nurse Navigation to help coordinate care.
View our full list of approved Integrative Therapy Services and Providers or call the MWHC Regional Cancer Center's Integrative Medicine Coordinator at 540.741.4191 to find out which therapies are right for you.