We’re prepared to treat your emergency 24x7
Our emergency departments are staffed with teams of board-certified emergency medicine physicians and emergency-trained registered nurses experienced in handling every aspect of emergency care, including resuscitation, medical emergencies, pain relief, fractures and soft tissue injuries.
Care is managed through a nationally recognized system (RATED-ER) created by our physicians and nurses that allows us to care for the most critically ill patients, while at the same time providing timely care for patients who can be treated and sent home.
We can help you when you need us for:
- Abdominal (Stomach) Pain
- Animal bites
- Difficulty breathing/Wheezing
- Electrical shock
- Eye injuries
- Heat stress
- Excessive Vomiting
In addition to these common injuries and illnesses, we offer highly specialized and coordinated care to our patients through treatment programs such as:
We are an official “safe haven” for newborns
Mary Washington Hospital, Stafford Hospital, and the Mary Washington Emergency and Outpatient Center at Lee’s Hill are official Safe Haven sites, where any parent has the option to relinquish the care of a child they choose not to keep.
Emergency & Outpatient Center at Lee's Hill
This full-service emergency department is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and is staffed with board-certified emergency physicians and emergency-trained nurses. The ED is capable of handling all emergencies, with comprehensive imaging and lab on-site.
- Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including holidays
- A full-service emergency department, not an urgent care center
- Capable of treating all emergencies as well as common illnesses and injuries
- Includes an ambulance bay so patients can be brought in by rescue squads
- Backed by the full range of acute care services at Mary Washington Hospital
- Includes 24-hour, on-site imaging and lab services
- Patients who need inpatient care will be transferred to Mary Washington Hospital at no charge
- Patient treatment becomes part of the medical record available at all Mary Washington Healthcare facilities, including Mary Washington Hospital and Stafford Hospital
Our Emergency Doctors
The physicians and healthcare providers at Fredericksburg Emergency Medical Alliance have been providing compassionate and innovative emergency care to the Central Virginia community since 1984. Working as a part of Mary Washington Healthcare’s Regional Health System, these board-certified emergency physicians offer state-of-the-art care to more than 100,000 patients each year at Mary Washington Hospital, Stafford Hospital, and the Emergency and Outpatient Center at Lee’s Hill.