Looking for Course Dates?
- CPR Course Dates, January-March 2015
- CPR Course Dates, April-June 2015
- CPR Course Dates, July-September 2015
- CPR Course Dates, October-December 2015
Course Offerings and Descriptions
Our training center offers a variety of courses to our Associates and Community Members.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – this course builds on the foundation of BLS and the importance of high-quality CPR. This advanced course emphasizes effective teamwork, post-cardiac arrest care and integrated systems of care. The course is available as classroom-based or eLearning. Must be an EMT-I level or above to register.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – this course uses a scenario-based, team approach to teach emergency management and treatment of pediatric respiratory and cardiac arrest. The course is available as classroom-based or eLearning. Must be an EMT-I or above to register.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers – this course focuses on students who provide health care to patients in a wide variety of settings, including in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings. Anyone who needs to know how to perform CPR in a healthcare setting can take this course. Rescuers who want to learn more about performing 1-or 2-rescurer CPR for adult, child, and infant victims can also take this course.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers Renewal – this course for those students who need to renew their current BLS for Healthcare Providers certification.
- Heartsaver AED - a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches adult CPR and AED use, as well as how to relieve choking on an adult. This course teaches skills with AHA’s research-proven Practice-While-Watching (PWW) technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback and guide the students’ learning of skills.
- Heartsaver First Aid – a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies.
- Heartsaver First Aid w/CPR &AED –a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies. This course also teaches adult CPR and AED use.
- 12 Lead EKG– thiscourse is designed to be an introduction to 12 Lead ECGs. The student will learn the role of 12 Lead ECG in dealing with the Acute Coronary Syndrome Patient. There will be discussion and demonstration with regards to correct lead placement, the components that make up an ECG, interpretation of findings, and case studies for practical skills component.
- S.T.A.B.L.E - this program is designed to provide important information about neonatal stabilization for maternal/infant healthcare providers in all settings – from community hospitals and birth centers, to emergency rooms and more complex hospital environments. Neonatal resuscitation background required.
- ECG & Pharmacology Course - this classroom-based, Instructor-led course covers basic electrophysiology, normal ECG measurements, basic arrhythmias and the administration of appropriate drugs within the ACLS algorithms.
- e-learning courses are available (i.e., ACLS, PALS, CPR and First Aid)
- 2015 ACLS Provider Registration Form
- 2015 ACLS Renewal Registration Form
- 2015 PALS Provider Registration Form
- 2015 PALS Renewal Registration Form
- S.T.A.B.L.E. Registration Form
General Class Information
Upon successful completion of course, the student will receive their certification card. Certification cards must be renewed every 2 years.
When registering for classes, please have payment information ready. We accept cash, check or credit card. Once payment has been received, you will receive your course materials. For your convenience, payment may be made over the phone.
For information concerning e-learning courses (ACLS, PALS, CPR or First Aid), please contact the Main Training Center @ 540-741-1585.
To request information regarding classes offered by the MWHC AHA TC, please contact our office @ 540-741-1585.
Where can you find us?
We have moved!!! Payment & registration for a class must be made at the MWHC American Heart Association Training Center Office, located on the first floor of Mary Washington Hospital. Office is located near the entrance to the Tompkins Martin Medical Plaza. There is a sign located beside our door that displays Capacity Management/AHA Training Center.
Our hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8:00a-4:30p.
Office Phone: 540-741-1585, opt. 2.
All classes and skills Training will take place at the John F. Fick Conference Center,(behind the Lloyd F. Moss Free Clinic Building), 1301 Sam Perry Blvd. 2nd Floor, Fredericksburg, VA 22401. Unless otherwise noted.