Our Birthing Centers
The Mary Washington Hospital Women’s & Children’s Care
Center is currently undergoing a huge transformation to enhance the look
and feel our birthing center areas.
Our beautiful Mother/Baby (postpartum) area has already gone through the
transformation (see below) and we are excited about the upcoming changes
to our Labor & Delivery and Antepartum rooms. When completed, these
areas will provide a cozy haven, with private hotel-like rooms with updated
flooring, modern decor, spa-like bathrooms and a more spacious layout.
To accommodate the construction and be less disruptive to all of our patients
and families, here are a few things to keep in mind and share with your
family and visitors.
- The entrance to Labor & Delivery from the 3 North corridor will be
temporarily closed. The area can be accessed from the 3 South corridor
across from the Mother/Baby unit.
- The Labor & Delivery lobby/waiting area will be available during the
- Antepartum patients will be cared for on our Mother/Baby Unit.
- A map of the area is included on the back for your reference.
- Expected completion date: May 2016.
MWH Mother/Baby (Postpartem) Care
In a soothing, hotel-like environment, you'll be pampered by our caring,
knowledgeable team of highly experienced physicians, nurses, and support staff.
View Our Photos
Designed to be spacious, inviting and peaceful, our new amenities include:
- Refreshed décor with modern architectural themes
- New vanities and closets
- Warm hardwood flooring in patient rooms and walkways
- Flat-screen televisions
- Modern lighting and fixtures
- New rockers and sleeper sofas for family overnight stays
- Updated bathroom décor and fixtures
- Sliding bathroom doors with full-length mirrors
- Family eating area with microwave and vending
Experience the joy of birth in a modern, luxurious setting. Call 540.741.1404
to schedule your tour of Mary Washington Hospital's birthing center.
As part of our women’s health services, we offer a state-of-the-art
birthing suites at both Mary Washington Hospital and Stafford Hospital.
These secure areas provide a special, warm environment for families to
celebrate the birth of the newest family member while surrounded by the
latest technology. Our commitment to family-centered care includes special
programs and visiting hours for siblings, grandparents and other family members.
On-Site Physician Coverage
Around the clock coverage is available to new moms and babies by our in-house
staff of physicians that include:
- Neonatal providers – neonatologists and nurse practitioners that
specialize in the care of the newborn
- Anesthesia providers – anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists for
pain management during labor and delivery
In our birthing centers you’ll experience:
- Private, state-of-the-art rooms in a serene, secured environment
- The latest, most advanced technologies to include fetal monitoring systems,
pain management delivery and newborn stabilization equipment
- Dedicated cesarean rooms within the unit
- Experienced nurses specially trained in all methods of childbirth
- Education for the new parents regarding their newborns during post-delivery care
- Certified Lactation Consultants